Major and University: University of Maryland ’22 Operations Management Business Analytics/Marketing
Internship Title: Business Analyst @ Liatris
example, I am learning how to gather the necessary data and information to make informed
business decisions to better the company I am working for. I am also working on learning how
to produce high quality work at a faster pace.
1. What is the culture like at your internship site? (big, small? Can you wear jeans? Is it fast paced?)
I love the culture at my internship. The company is a startup and is pretty small so I feel
everything I am doing has a purpose. On top of that, I am very fortunate to have access to speak
with and get advised by upper level leadership on a daily basis. My internship is hybrid and fast
paced, everyone is always trying to learn and help the company. Finally, when I am in the office we
all dress pretty casually.
2. Who are the clients that you work with?
I personally do not work with any clients directly. However, within the next few weeks I see myself
speaking with advanced building material companies about our product and potentially partnering
with them. The end users will be anyone who uses insulation.
3. Are you working on any exciting projects that you want to share? Have you learned any exciting new skills that were unexpected?
Yes, I am working on very exciting projects that I would love to share. For starters, I am learning
about one of the most deadly fires in the world (Fire at Grenfell) and how that fire could have been
prevented along with who was responsible for the fire, the different materials used while
constructing the building and the variety of regulations that have come out as a result of that fire.
4. How did you prepare for the interview? Can you share any tips for your fellow students?
I prepared for my interview by researching the company and learning as much as possible about
the company. I also looked up the people who would be interviewing me and figuring out if there
was anything about their background that I should know about. Finally, I went through my resume
and practiced basic behavior questions.
5. How did you find your internship position? Did you use a career center for help with your resume?
I found my internship at HireSmith. This is a platform that posts job and internship openings for
business school students at UMD.
6. Please share anything that you think makes a strong remote internship.
Something fun about the organization I am working for is we all go out for lunch together and get
to work inside a chemistry lab!