Name: Arushi Sharma
Major and University: Masters in Computer Science, University of Maryland Baltimore County
Internship Title: Software Engineer Intern @ A-G Associates
1. What is the culture like at your internship site? (big, small? Can you wear jeans? Is it fast paced?)
A-G Associates is a startup environment. All of my team members are very helpful, motivated and have a positive attitude. The dress code is flexible which makes it easy!
2. Who are the clients that you work with?
We support a variety of clients.
3. Are you working on any exciting projects that you want to share? Have you learned any exciting new skills that were unexpected?
My supervisor has recently started brainstorming meetings where the team collectively thinks about complex tasks and discusses the solutions. This exercise gets us thinking and is very engaging.
4. How did you prepare for the interview? Can you share any tips for your fellow students?
I was doing coding practice on LeetCode and CodeForces. I believe that regular practice of coding questions really helps in the technical interview.
5. How did you find your internship position? Did you use a career center for help with your resume?
I applied for the position through UMBCworks and the UMBC Career Center has helped me a lot with my resume.
6. Please share anything that you think makes a strong remote internship.
Since my internship is remote, I believe regular conversations with the team members are helpful in clarifying projects and goals. We have daily stand-up calls which help in knowing about the work progress of each team member.