Major and University: UMBC – Data Science
Internship Title: Engineering Intern @ Airgility
Career Goal: My experience at Dynamhex has enhanced my knowledge and skills in every aspect and has helped me level up in all data-related fields like Data Scientist and Data Engineering.
1. What is the culture like at your internship site?
I love the dynamic, understanding, and encouraging culture at Dynamhex (small).
2. Who are the clients that you work with?
Within my team, I have been working with Sunny Sanwar, the CEO, and Brain Corn, the VP of engineering.
3. Are you working on any exciting projects that you want to share? Have you learned any exciting new skills that were unexpected?
I have been involved in exciting projects like Singularity, WattTime, Census, and NAICS. I have learned how to use APIs and train models in the real world. Developed skills in tackling absurd data and performing data cleaning.
4. How did you prepare for the interview? Can you share any tips for your fellow students?
Learning Python basics, gaining technical skills to get data through APIs, learning different machine learning models, and learning Data Visualization.
5. How did you find your internship position? Did you use a career center for help with your resume?
In order to learn more about this internship, I contacted Patrick Hosty after receiving the link to the MTIP companies on the university’s career center website from my research partner Kavita Krishnaswamy.
6. Please share any other tips or advice.
You won’t feel under pressure and your ideas are welcome. Everyone in the organization is friendly, helpful, and supportive. At Dynamhex, I have had a wonderful experience from the beginning. Your professional skills will be stronger having worked at Dynamhex.