The Maryland Technology Internship Program can reimburse employers for up to 50% of an intern’s wage, up to $3,000 annually per intern ($1,800 for the first semester and $1,200 for subsequent semester).
Applications for MTIP funding will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed bi‐monthly. Applicants will receive a notice of approval or denial within 15 days of submission. Applications will be evaluated competitively on all eligibility criteria. MTIP funding amounts will be dependent on the availability of funds.
APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED FOR FALL 2023. WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING 2024.
Four Steps to Funding — At a Glance
- Submit your MTIP Application and Internship Position for review and approval.
Receive notice of Pre-Approval or Denial from MTIP within 15 business days.
- Once you obtain pre-approval, attend a mandatory online orientation session to learn more about the reimbursement process, and best practices in recruiting and on-boarding an intern.
- Recruit and Confirm your Intern Hire.
The selected candidate must complete the Intern Hire Verification Form no later than four weeks post internship start. Please be sure to review intern eligibility details to ensure your intern hire meets the qualifications of the program. Funding is only reserved for an employer once an application is approved and an intern hire is reported. If MTIP funding availability changes for any reason, employers will be notified immediately.
- At the conclusion of the internship, the following documents must be completed for funding to be disbursed:
- Intern Evaluation Form, which will be sent by the MTIP administrator and completed by the intern.
- Intern Performance Evaluation, which will be sent by the MTIP administrator and completed by the employer.
- Reimbursement Request Form, which will be sent by the MTIP administrator and completed by the employer.
MTIP Reimbursement Process:
Once your intern has completed their internship with your organization MTIP administrators will send out DocuSign which will include:
- An invoice stating the following:
- A Docusign form filled out with W9 information
- A Docusign form for your invoice and paystubs which will include:
- Your intern information (name, dates of service, rate of pay and hours worked)
- Amount you are requesting to be reimbursed and the total gross pay in which the intern was paid
- Payroll verification
- Provide all pay stubs for the duration of the internship in which you are seeking reimbursement
Applications for MTIP funding are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed daily. Agencies and organizations will receive a notice of approval or denial within 15 days of submission.