Career Goal – how will this internship move you closer to your career goal?
My current aim is to maintain and improve upon my web development skills so that I may one day join a company as an well-rounded, entry-level software developer. My current internship at ARSIEM has allowed me a lot of freedom to develop web applications from the ground up and I have used this to polish my software capabilities.
1. What is the culture like at your internship site?
This internship has allowed me to get the full remote work experience thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. The culture of remote working at ARSIEM has been somewhat relaxed and self-driven. The structure has allowed me to have a solid work-school balance while I log hours during my available hours.
2. Are you working on any exciting projects that you want to share? Have you learned any exciting new skills that were unexpected?
Currently my team does not interact with the client directly, but we soon will once our project reaches beta release so that we may receive user feedback. Our clients are organization representatives that are interested in using our labs to train the end user cyber security students/trainees.
3. Are you working on any exciting projects that you want to share? Have you learned any exciting new skills that were unexpected?
Currently, my team is developing a web application structure to allow cyber security trainees to access courses with interactive labs so that students can get their hands on a variety of environments and software.
4. How did you prepare for the interview? Can you share any tips for your fellow students?
I prepared for my interview by revisiting old projects of mine so that I may clearly recite them. I also refreshed my understanding of assembly language to prep for possible technical questions.
5. How did you find your internship position?
I was referred by a friend who worked at ARSIEM.
6. Please share anything that you think makes a strong remote internship.
I think the main factors for maintaining a strong remote internship is staying in communication with your team, having regular meetings to keep everyone up to date, and holding yourself to a regular schedule.